阿凡达(Avatar)
-Jack: When I was lying there in the VA hospital...with a big hole blown through the middle of my life...
VA: (Veterans’ Administration)的缩写退伍军人管理局 blow: 打击
当我躺在退伍军人医院里…遭逢巨变,人生无望之际…
I started having these dreams of flying. I was free. Sooner or later though, you always have to wake up.
sooner or later: 迟早 wake up: 醒来
我开始梦想着在天际中翱翔…在梦里我是自由的。但迟早,我还是得醒过来…
-Jack: In cryo you don't dream at all. It doesn't feel like 6 years. More like a fifth of tequila and ass kicking.
cryo: 低温冷冻 feel like: 有…的感觉 tequila: 龙舌兰酒 ass kicking: 【失去意识,喝醉】[being senseless—from Urban Dictionary]
在冷冻仓舱里面,是不会做梦的。难以相信六年一转眼就过去了。就像是喝了一堆龙舌酒后的宿醉。
Tommy was the scientist, not me. He was the one who wanted to get shot light years out in space to find the answers.
scientist: 科学家 shot: (用六分仪等仪器的)距离(高度)的估计 light year: 光年 space: 太空
Tommy才是科学家,我可不是干这行的。他是那种可以在数光年远的外太空里为了理想而去寻找答案的书呆子。
Are we there yet?
我们到了吗?
-Med Tech A: Yeah, we're there, sunshine. We're there.
sunshine: 阳光【亲爱的】[a cute call showing endearment—from Urban Dictionary]
是啊,小伙子。我们到了!
-Agent A: It's about your brother.
这件事跟你的双胞胎兄弟有关。
-Jack: So, a week before Tommy was gonna ship out... A guy with a gun ends his journey... for the paper in his wallet.
gonna: <美俚>=going to,将要 ship out: (用船)运出 guy: <美俚>家伙 journey: 旅程 wallet: 钱包
Tommy出任务的一周前…一个持枪劫匪结束了他的旅程…只不过是想抢他皮夹里的纸钞。
-Med Tech A: Being in cryo for 5 years, 9 months and 22 days, you will be hungry, you will be weak.
cryo: 低温冷冻 hungry: 饥饿的
低温冷冻五年九个月二十二天,你会很饿,也会感到很虚弱。
If you feel nauseous, please use the sacks...
nauseous: 恶心的 sack: 袋
想吐就用呕吐袋…
-Jack: Yeah, Tommy was the scientist. Me, I'm just another dumb grunt going some place he's gonna regret.
dumb: 愚蠢的 grunt: 咕哝着说 gonna: <美俚>=going to,将要 regret: 后悔
Tommy才是科学家。而我,只是傻傻的去做连自己都会后悔的事。
Up ahead was Pandora. You grew up hearing about it, but I never figured I'd be going there.
grow up: 成长 hear about: 听说 figure: 料想
前面就是“潘朵拉”星。以前就听说过这地方,但我从没想过会到这来。
-Agent A: Your brother represented a significant investment.
阿凡达(avatar)中英文剧本+词汇解析_by爱酷英语 来自淘豆网m.daumloan.com转载请标明出处.